Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Selena Gomez Talks Bieber

Selena Gomez was recently interviewed by James Franco for V Magazine. Some highlights from the interview are below, as excerpted by Us Weekly.

On Bieber:
"I was 18 years old, and it was my first love. The older I get, I'm guarding certain things more. After being put through the scrutiny, I understand what it is. When you're young and you're being told so many different things…it almost felt like all we had was each other, like the world was against us, in a way. It was really weird but it was incredible. I would never take it back in a million years. You live and you learn, you know?"

On the "dark period" in her life:
"It was great to experience really beautiful things, and then [to] have the growing pains, in every possible manner, in every relationship. It was family, it was business, it was buying my first home, moving out of my parents' house. There was so much going on. You can't help but have some troubles here and there. I don't think it's a smooth process for anyone, and it definitely wasn't for me. 

On dealing with fame:
"It just causes a lot of anxiety. There were a few months where I was a little depressed, where I wouldn't leave as much. I love my home, it's a really nice house and it's the first home I've owned, so I have a music room and I have a nice kitchen and I kind of just stayed put for a while. I think I drove myself crazy for a little bit. My response was to stay in, which sucked. That's what I was trying to fix this past year, I'm finally getting a little bit more comfortable. It's a process."

Read the full interview at V Magazine.

16 comments:

  1. She seems to have some good perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have hated to have everyone scrutinizing my every move when I was that age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why the naked top-half with pre-pubescent styling?All this picture needs is a suggestive lollipop.Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. +1 Why make her look like an over sexualized 12 year old

      Delete
  4. She looks really skinny. I think someone went to town with the Photoshopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, James Franco is a journalist now? Gag.

    That is totally photoshopped. The curve at the front is off and where the shorts hit her thigh, they goofed on the shading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing his creepy pervy history with young women, I wouldn't be surprised if he volunteered.

      Delete
    2. The shorts look painted/photoshopped on to me.

      Delete
  6. James Franco, huh? I wonder if he hit on her?

    ReplyDelete
  7. And to be fair, her quote on Bieber should really read "I was 18, 19, 20, 21 (keep going until her current age) and it was my first love...."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina, I kept looking for the "like" button for a minute before realizing there isn't one.

      Delete
  8. Me & Swaggy against the world!

    That is heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how the interview acts like she's got any real life experience. Except for the buying your own house at such a young age this sounds like it could be an interview with any twenty something. No special advice or experience it sounds totally passé. Not to mention she's not telling a fraction of what REALLY went down in those years. All the drugs and stupidity. She's just sugar coating a vague description of it all. Boring!

    I heard Franco DID hit that when they did that horrid movie together. He likes em young and she looks prepubescent in that photo. Did Terry Richardson shoot it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is she remaking pretty baby or something? ' The heart wants what it wants'..vomit..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I clearly remember "the heart wants what it wants" being said by Woody Allen during the daughter scandal to a celebrity magazine. It's not a "Selena original". I have very good linguistic memory.

    ReplyDelete