Wednesday, February 18, 2015

A Rod Apologizes

After being suspended for the 2014 season, Alex Rodriguez has handwritten a letter of apology. ESPN quotes the letter as follows:

"I take full responsibility for the mistakes that led to my suspension for the 2014 season. I regret that my actions made the situation worse than it needed to be. To Major League Baseball, the Yankees, the Steinbrenner family, the Players Association and you, the fans, I can only say I'm sorry. I accept the fact that many of you will not believe my apology or anything that I say at this point. I understand why and that's on me. It was gracious of the Yankees to offer me the use of Yankee Stadium for this apology but I decided the next time I am in Yankee Stadium, I should be in pinstripes doing my job."

Spring training for the Yankees begins February 26th.

13 comments:

  1. He really means sorry i got caught.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mistake? Is that what taking steroids is classified as now? Not a gee I made a really bad choice, or I was a complete dumbass....but hey I made a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a fan of the man but it was the most humbly written apology I've seen in a while. Whether he meant it is another thing but at least this one sounds like an "I'm sorry."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking more like douche bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherry, see my post above. Thats the only reason he's sorry. He is a grade a douche.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know he's the douchiest of the douches & all that, but damn I used to think he was SO HOT when he was first with the Mariner's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's interesting to see what people perceive to be a genuine or a phony apology. For what it's worth, a very wise man once told me that all real apologies should come with three components in order for it to be taken seriously;
    (1) admission that you take full accountability for your own actions
    (2) explanation of how you know your actions directly created so and so problems for this and that person etc
    (3) assurance of how you will specifically fix or make up for whatever you did, and that it will not happen again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great advice Lady H, very true.
      If A-Rod actually knows how to spell (much less properly use) the word gracious, I will eat my hat.
      Come to think of it, that's not a bad idea for yet another crappy reality show. Celebrity Spelling Bee.

      Delete
  8. Lance Armstrong needs to take note.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lamce armstrong needs to take his one ball and dissappear for good.

      Delete
  9. I would admire all of these reformed cheaters if they went and talked to kids around the country explaining the error of their ways. We live in a world where so many liars and cheaters succeed. There's so much pressure on people to be the best; be No. 1; have the highest batting average, the best grades, the best everything. It's ridiculous. I would admire A-Rod, Brian Williams, etc., if they came clean and explained why they did what they did. And how the experience has changed them. So sick or liars and cheaters.

    ReplyDelete