Friday, January 30, 2015

Sean Penn Feels Like A Virgin

Sean Penn recently sat down for an interview with Esquire UK. In the magazine, he talks about his potential future nuptials with girlfriend Charlize Theron. Esquire UK quotes Penn as stating the following:

"You say I've been married twice before, but I’ve been married under circumstances where I was less informed than I am today. So I wouldn’t even consider it a third marriage, I’d consider it a first marriage on its own terms if I got married again. I mean, I like the tradition. A friend of mine wrote a line, 'Without tradition, new things die.' And I don’t want new things to die."


Penn also expands on his feelings about Theron:


"Yeah, I’m surprised to be in love. Lot of reasons. I’m self-proclaimed bad at mathematics but I can do two plus two: 53 years old plus finally beginning to figure out why you haven’t been happy in a single relationship? It could seem too late. But to run into somebody now who you care about is a much more passionate, deeper, truer and – God! – a much happier feeling. It’s a lot more romantic and a lot more fulfilling to be in a relationship and to think you’re a good person within it."

Read the full interview at Esquire UK.

12 comments:

  1. He has said this before, leading me to conclude he doesnt really know what a marriage is supp to be like. Hope hes happy this time

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is he saying he's not going to beat or cheat with that "good person" statement? If Charlize does make you a better person we're all for that but that's asking a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Double blech...that's all I got. Btw this story and the one before, I haven't had enough coffee this AM to be reading these skanks so early in the morn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think he and Clooney have the same writer..no one loved me..never knew love...bunch of crap...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can buy the fact that Penn may have been too young when he married Madonna to understand the complexities of marriage. He was 25 and had spent several years being insulated from real life in the Hollywood bubble. But he was in his mid-30s when he married Wright. He should have had an idea of what a stable, committed relationship was by then. Then again, he'd spent another several years surrounded my butt-kissing yes men.

    I always think it's a slap in the face to previous spouses when someone says this kind of thing. You were in a relationship, it didn't work out, have some decorum and keep your mouth shut about it.

    Penn is an ass. He'll always be an ass. The Penn-Theron coupling will end up the same as the prior two marriages. If you believe the gossip, it's a union between two self-centered, power hungry people. That never ends well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't abide Robin Wright but I find this statement completely disrespectful to her.
    She was good enough to bear his children but he doesn't consider it to be a satisfying relationship?!!
    What a wank stain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Omar, lol you nailed what I was trying to put into words.

    @IJU, I thought the same thing. What a slap in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think they only bond over the mutual love of coke and to read it here Charleze has the best mist discreet hook up. So ya, not going to end well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And the marriage after this one will, again, be like his first.
    He and Kim K, born again and again and again wedding virgins.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I doubt Charluze is even buying this load of verbal crap.

    ReplyDelete