Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Drew Barrymore Talks Parenting

Drew Barrymore recently sat down for an interview with More Magazine, where she opened up about parenting. More quotes Barrymore as stating the following:

"I didn't really have parents, you know? And therefore the kind of parent I will be is a good, present parent. In a way, maybe that was a detriment to my youth, but it'll be the biggest asset to my adulthood. I'll get in trouble for it, but I'll say it anyway: Women can't do it all. Quantum physics actually says you can't do it all. Like, you can't do everything at every minute of every day; it's actually not mathematically, molecularly plausible. [However,] I do think that women can do everything they want to do, especially if they work hard enough at it. I don't believe anything comes easy. You have to earn everything in life."

Read Barrymore's full interview at More Magazine.

11 comments:

  1. Uh, it's a saying. And she says women can't do it all, but turns around & says they can. Oh well, she seems like a good mom & appears to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can have it all- but not at the same time!!!!! Shes very insightful about her upbringing, and im sure her daughters have a great mom. Fyi, the 2 yr old is totally a drew mini me! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does Drew really talk like that? Who knew she was up on her quantum physics?

    I'm not bashing her, I'm a fan, but jeez, I get tired of some of the crap these famous ladies say after they have a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think most new mothers,whether celebs or plebs,would come out with stuff someone might take offence to.Thank God no-one stuck a microphone in my face during the babyhood years

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't that the truth? I was so stressed out that first year, but somehow I got it all done!

      Delete
  5. I like the Drewness of Drew Barrymore. But this never graduate won't be my source for quantum physics. #NoHateJustSnark

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heart her so much. Regardless of how this may have come across I think her heart is in the right place. Bless her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally understand what she's saying. Since becoming a mom, I feel like I do everything half ass. From being a mom to a wife to a business owner to a teacher to a mentor to a cleaner to a cook to an organizer (ha ha) to a friend to a woman to a sister to a daughter. Being a mom is always No. 1 in the equation. I try to juggle so many things that I feel like a lunatic. And I only have one child! And my husband actually does help with things: the bills, the kid, he'll totally clean up the kitchen after my cooking activities. It's just so hard to be everything to everybody all the time no matter how much we strive to do so. I think that's what Drew is trying to say.

    Good for her for how she's embracing her past to help her with her future. I think that's great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. People who throw around irrelevant references to quantum physics are one of my pet peeves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unless you can find a way to incorporate your kids into your work, then no, you can't do it all. There's always a trade off. Drew seems like she has learned what not to do from her childhood. Take a look at Lindsey Lohan, Drew could have chosen that path, with the shitty lack of positive parental influence she had. There was a time when Hollywood had completely written Drew off. She proved them all wrong (thankfully).

    ReplyDelete