Monday, January 26, 2015

Richard Simmons Is Okay!

TMZ exclusively reports that the LAPD paid a visit to Richard Simmons' home on Friday night, and Simmons is just fine! Simmons has not been seen in public for a year, and he has also cut off his friends. One of his concerned friends contacted the LAPD's Elder Abuse Unit, which triggered the visit. The LAPD reported that Simmons answered the door himself, showed the officers in, and was very gracious. He appeared articulate, lucid, relaxed, and he appreciated that they were concerned about him. The officers stayed for an hour to chat with Simmons, who now sports a beard and walks with a slight limp due to his knee injury. Simmons told the officers that he was simply exhausted of living life in the public eye, and he is in touch with the people in his life that he wishes to remain there. When questioned about his absence at his fitness studio, Simmons is reported to have replied, "I've got people who run things. I don't need to be there."

10 comments:

  1. I hope this is true, but I have a bad feeling about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. It is easy to have him pretend everything is ok for an hour long visit from the police. I really hope he is ok.

      I have very fond memories of him. He's a good man with a good heart.

      Delete
  2. I hope he's okay too. Perhaps he's gained weight since the knee injury and doesn't want people to see him that way. That man is just awesome! Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he is depressed. Okay, but depressed. I wish him healing and mental health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the exact same thing Liddy. It doesn't seem like he is at risk given he has been isolating himself for over a year, but if I had the financial means to never leave my home again, I would be doing this, lol

      Delete
  4. i understand when you gain weight you don't want people yo see you not looking your best. you want them to remember you the way you were

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to see Richard Simmons in a beard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe he truly is just ready to be out of the public eye. Must be difficult to have to be "on" all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. People made fun of him, but he just responded by turning the volume UP and giving more, more, more. With nothing more than a tank top, dolphin shorts, and force of personality, he blew down your doors down.

    He's always loved to be around people whose lives he's changed, and they love giving him love.

    I don't believe he's happy hidden away at home. I'm still worried for him ... :(

    ReplyDelete