Thursday, January 29, 2015

Joel Grey Comes Out

At the age of 82, Joel Grey has announced publicly that he is gay. Grey opens up in the new issue of People about his sexuality, and why he took so long to come out. Grey was previously married for 24 years to wife Jo Wilder, with whom he has two children, actress Jennifer Grey, and chef James Grey. People quotes Jennifer Grey as stating: "I feel very happy for my dad that he has come to a point in his life where he feels safe and comfortable enough to declare himself in a public way as a gay man." Congratulations, Joel!

10 comments:

  1. Very nice but no one really cares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AuntLicky it's really nice we've come to that too.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for the day when this is a non issue. I'm coming out people! I'm straight!

    The only thing I found interesting about this is that Sloane is Baby's real dad! Say what?!!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He played Sloane's doppelgänger in a few episodes of Alias. Ron Rifkin played Sloane. They look very alike.

      Delete
    2. Seriously? Woah, mind blown again! He totally looks like him.

      Delete
    3. Jessi, this article has a pic of them together. Sorry no clicky

      http://www.nerdist.com/2014/02/getting-acquainted-with-monuments-mens-bob-balaban/

      Delete
  4. I was more surprised when I read his age. Dang, 82? I'm shocked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This announcement is like the Courtney Love statement. I thought everybody already knew this a long time ago (and I also don't give a shit). It is good that this can be filed under - not news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always assumed he was gay and out. Brave man. Good luck to him.

    ReplyDelete