Friday, December 19, 2014

"School of Rock" Hitting Broadway

The latest film to get turned into a Broadway musical is 2003's School of Rock, which starred Jack Black. The world premiere is set for the Fall of 2015, and the team working on the adaptation includes Andrew Lloyd Webber, and Julian Fellowes, creator of Downton Abbey. Lloyd Webber will be writing original music, with lyrics penned by Glenn Slater, and Fellowes is writing the book. This will be Lloyd Webber's first Broadway musical since 2005, according to The Hollywood Reporter

10 comments:

  1. The only thing I can think of is "WHY?".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of original ideas just like the movies

      Delete
    2. Shouldn't there be Reality Broadway by now? Confession Booth theme songs, audience voting, subplots, Starbucks runs, workaday activities set to music. The Kardashians Take Broadway.

      Delete
  2. Awww, that movie was funny. I miss jack black. The music shld be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree. I think the material is perfect for a musical adaptation.

      Delete
    2. I think it will be fab, too!!

      Delete
  3. I wish I could go to one of these Broaday shows so I could understand what it means to turn something into a musical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could definitely see it as a musical. It has all of the elements including the three act structure and room for scenes built around the songs alone, plus room for dance sequences. Julian Fellowes writing the novelization is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're also creating a TV show of it. It's going to star some guy who a bunch of my old elementary and middle school friends went to high school with (I went to another school).

    ReplyDelete