Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Celebrity Real Estate - Andy Warhol's Townhouse Back on Market

After selling for $5.5 million just over a year ago, the townhouse where Andy Warhol lived between 1959 and 1974 is back on the market with a huge price hike to $8.75 million, the NY Daily News reports. The owner thinks that the history of the home will entice a new buyer to pay 60% more than she did one year ago. The home is 3800 square feet and has four bedrooms. See pictures of the property at the NY Daily News.

11 comments:

  1. I would so buy this if I had a spare $8 mill lying around ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few years ago, his Rolls was sold on eBay. I'm kicking myself in the ass ever since for not buying it. I think it went for less than $25K.

      Delete
  2. Ohhhhh myyyy it's so beautiful!!!! Ok ok THIS is my favorite lol. I wonder if Andy Cohen wants it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not understand the fascination with Warhol. Even back in the day, his allure escaped me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Derek what's the name of the book? I loves me some rock n roll bios.

    The seller is probably correct. Someone may indeed buy it for the history alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is called Nico: The End. Lots of sex, drugs and rock n roll but like I said she was a creep and the book is kinda scary actually.

      Delete
  5. Anything about Jackson Browne in the book? He was madly in love with her and supposedly followed her around like a puppy. I think he was late teens or early 20s and she was the older woman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes she slept with him when he was a teenager and he wrote some songs and played guitar for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nico had a child with a super Hawt European guy in the 70s.
    Gawd was he cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd rather have Chaplin's old place personally and pocket the extra 2K.

    ReplyDelete