Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Lainey Gossip Blind Item - Open Professional

The key to her illustrious career? Talent, of course. But also, she’s always been a professional. She’s never been difficult, she’s never been a drama queen, she always works hard, she’s always prepared. That’s also been the secret to her successful relationship. It’s an open marriage and it’s a solid marriage… because she’s a professional at protecting it.

She’s careful about who she sleeps with, directors and other actors she knows she can trust. And it’s all discussed, very professionally, before it starts. She dictates the terms of the arrangement. She’s very clear about exactly how it will go down – that there will be no commitment, that they enjoy each other privately when they are working together, and if she believes they can meet her requirements, it’s on. “Professional” was the word that kept repeating itself when my sources explained how she goes about her affairs. She’s always, always so “professional” about these hookups. Like the most efficient business deal.

Sometimes the men are younger. Sometimes they’re her contemporaries. Like the charmingly sexy actor who played her husband recently, especially now that he’s no longer committed. And they never tell because, well, being professional about it is probably the only way they can imagine doing anything as well as she does. She’s practically the best at her job, why wouldn’t she be the best at being discreet?

Source: Lainey Gossip

32 comments:

  1. It really grosses me out to view Meryl Streep as a sexual being

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over Thanksgiving my mom bought some leather pants. My sister and I were giving her a hard time. My mom came back with, just because I am older doesn't mean I can't be sexy. My sister and I just about threw up. Ewww. No Mom, no. Lol.

      Delete
    2. Haven't you heard that people do continue to have sex past 30? Including your mothers and certainly someone as revered as Streep. Ah, the ignorance of the young -
      Your twenties don't last forever darlings, you shall be older and wrinkly. I hope your mom didn't take the mocking to heart - if she wants to wear leather pants, celebrate her awesome attitude.

      Delete
    3. What? Women still have sex after 30?!?! I thought they just shriveled up and died!! ;) Come on. No no, it's just my Mom. I don't want to hear about her sexcapades!!! Sorry, but i just don't. My mother also was not offended in the least. I think she actually takes pleasure in grossing us out.

      Delete
    4. Sounds like a cool mom - then I hoped she makes your toes curl some more tales!

      Delete
    5. The hubs and I stayed with his 70+ parents over Thanksgiving. We forgot floss, his mom said to use theirs in the top drawer of their bathroom vanity. Guess what else was in the top drawer? Condoms and lube. Hubs went white and said he'd floss once we got home because under threat of death he'd never open that drawer again.

      Delete
    6. I asked a relative who is a physician about it. Apparently, condoms are commonly recommended for older gents that have problems with P.E.

      Yeah, I didn't relay that info to hubs. {Shudder}

      Delete
  2. I thought this too, but who's the charmingly sexy actor who played her husband?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was just filming a movie with Kevin Kline as her ex-husband and Rick Springfield as her new love interest.

      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3623726/?ref_=nv_sr_1

      Delete
  3. Who was in August Osage County with her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Benedict Cumberbatch, for one. I'm blanking on the other gentlemen at the moment...

      Delete
    2. ...Sam Shepard, Dermot Mulroney, Ewan McGregor...

      Delete
  4. What about Diane Keaton? She isn't married though is she? But I was thinking her and Michael Douglas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam Shepherd from August Osage County as the charmingly sexy actor no longer committed (he and Jessica Lange were never married, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew everyone was gonna say Meryl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meryl fits, but that is far to easy a guess. Must be someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is Natalie Portman
    The word PROFESSIONAL (her first movie) repeated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read this somewhere else and everyone was saying Portman because of the use of Professional and it being her first movie. But, I think it's Meryl as well. Use it or lose it kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only doubt I would have about it being Meryl is that it says "practically the best at her job..." Meryl Streep isn't "practically" the best, she's THE best at her job. What is she at now? 20 Oscar noms? She's probably getting another one in the coming year, she's widely regarded within the industry as the best. So that's my only doubt to this being Meryl... but I can't think of anyone else at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This just makes me love her even more.get it Meryl

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's Julia Roberts..she was always pretty cold and calculating about men in the past. Streep didn't enter my mind because of the 'practically best' blurb.

    ReplyDelete
  13. (Sorry if this is a double post) This sounds like Jada Pinkett-Smith to me. She and Will and a very unusual marriage arrangement and Jada seems like the type who would be very "professional" about most everything personally and professionally. The special brand of weird you have to be to belong to $cientology lends itself well to the "professional" side of these hookups.

    ReplyDelete
  14. meryl obviously.. i just want to know what that sexy bast stellan skarsgard was like
    and did all three leads in mamma mia take turns??

    ReplyDelete
  15. Would sex-pot Helen Mirren fit any of these clues? (Married to Taylor Hackford.) I want to believe it's Helen.

    ReplyDelete