Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Joaquin Phoenix Fakes Engagement for Letterman

Joaquin Phoenix told David Letterman that he was engaged to a yoga instructor when he appeared on Letterman's show on Monday night. On Tuesday morning, Phoenix revealed to the Today show that the engagement was a hoax. According to Page Six, Phoenix said he made the faux announcement to seem more likable: "I think, like, my life is so boring, it seemed like it was something exciting to talk about. I just wanted the audience to like me and they really like people who are getting married." So far this makes Phoenix 2, Letterman 0.

8 comments:

  1. Shades of Cumberbatch, anyone? Kind of funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it!!! I watched it and it totally seemed like he made it up on the spot. I really don't care, he was adorable and very likable. What really stood out was at the end he said the most polite, 'thank you for everything' to Letterman. It was so real and sweet. And nice to hear as a huge fan that even the celebs will miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he's a nut but I love him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was watching GMA yesterday morning and I'm certain he confessed to George Stephanopoulos about his lie. Tomato, tomatoh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ala master of disguise.....that's crazy, so crazy it just might work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wtf is wrong with him??!! Not funny, not cute and no one cares.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's kinda hilarious! Celebs are constantly making up relationships to gain fans and profit. Soooo not a huge deal in my little world.

    ReplyDelete