Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Wine and Sass Blind Item - Frosty

Things are always quite dramatic when you get a bunch of famous people together for those televised specials. Egos don't fit in the same room, and there's more backstabbing and sabotage than a Nancy Kerrigan/Tonya Harding reunion.

Here's our cast of characters for this rumpus:

This A+ lister is outspoken and knows her worth. She's also mostly crazy.

This B lister is more talented than all of them combined, but mostly watches it all unfold.

This A lister is just weird.


This D lister is obnoxious.

The A+ lister almost had to pull out of the gig at the last minute because of her current personal issues. When that happened, network execs were wondering if they could use the remainder of the cast to do a cover of the A+ listers song with all of them collaborating. They flew in a special producer to work with the group in order to pull it off in less than 24 hours.

Everyone was game, but the only two that could pull off the song were the weird A-lister and the B-lister. Actually, the B-lister just blew everyone away and the producers considered just letting her do it. The D-lister had an exceptionally hard time with the arrangement and kept throwing mini-tantrums throughout rehearsals about her monitors, finding it hard to sing with the other two because they couldn't 'find her note' and other various catastrophes.

There was a bit of an argument over who would sing the bridge. The D-lister outright demanded the part. The producer wanted the B-lister to carry it, with the A-lister singing harmony and the D-lister chiming in for background vocals. The D-lister was having nunna that so she just belted out the bridge right over the B-lister.

The A-lister freaked out and went on a tirade over how unprofessional and rude the D-lister was and threatened to pull out of the number altogether if she wasn't removed. "This isn't fucking HEE HAW! You don't fucking sing over (insert B-lister's name)! Ever." she screamed at the D-lister.

After that exchange, production decided to do whatever it took to get the A+ lister back on the show.


Source: Wine and Sass

39 comments:

  1. All this story needs now is a C-lister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mimi for A+ lister

    Elle Gould for b+
    Jessi J A list

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rockefeller Tree Lighting
    Mariah A+, Idina Menzel B, Gaga A, Leann Rimes D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rock center Xmas show:
    Mariah-a+
    Lauper A
    gaga-B
    Rimes-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sounds right Tricia! That pesky falcor. All those egos fighting it out *shudder*

      Delete
  5. I bought my friends kid the new Mariah and Nick children s Christmas book because I am such a great friend an amazing person....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think the A+ Lister is Mariah. She was 3 hours late and there couldn't have been any pre-planning to cover her song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The A lister IS Mariah as her part was originally to be pre-taped the day before

      Delete
    2. Ah-Ha! She was three hours late for the taping, not the show. I see.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  8. I think its Cindy Lauper for the B list that just watches and is freaking awesome! Obviously D list is Leanne Rimes (first clue its a wine and sass blind, they hate her and its well deserved so not slamming them at all). Mariah for the A lister that didn't show cuz of personal issues. The other one I'm not sure of but whoever it was I now have to like for their comments re: not singing over CL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a brilliant line, I agree. I hope it shows up on YouTube some day. Now, if they'd booted her face, it could be pay per view.

      Delete
    2. I could definitely believe somebody screaming at Falcor for singing over a legend like Cindy Lauper. I would pay them to.

      My guess:

      A+ - Mariah
      A - Adele Dazeem
      B - Cindy Lauper
      D - Falcor

      Delete
    3. Forgot about the "weird" comment. So, I'll go with Caca for A.

      Delete
    4. I would go over my data limit watching that over and over again! Although watching her squinty face that much could cause my brain tumor to come back. I'm pretty certain that she caused it to begin with when she was plastered all over the tabloids when she and Eddie first hooked up. Dont worry the doctors removed it and I'm good now although my kid thinks they also removed the smart part of my brain. Eh she could be right😉

      Delete
    5. I would guess GaGa for the A-lister and Cyndi for B, especially as they collaborated years ago and did a MAC campaign together.

      Delete
  9. A+ Mariah Carey
    A- Lady Gaga
    B Trisha Yearwood
    D LeAnn Rimes

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't like LeAnne either but the woman can sing!!!!! I mean really!
    Maybe she can't sing with others, I guess. But hard to believe that she couldn't sing anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know she can sing....but she murdered I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas.

      Delete
    2. It can't be as bad as what Toni Tennille did to I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas.

      Delete
  11. A+ Mariah
    A Gaga
    B Sara Bareilles
    D LeAnn

    Sara Bareilles has more talent then anyone on that show (although Seth M is quite talented)

    First time posting here! I was a CDaN reader for years. That old site is cray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you joined us Trishlle. Nice to have you.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sherry, excited to be here and actually posting!

      Delete
  12. If A is Gaga bitch slapping D lister Rimes down, then I now can love Gaga again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, @trishelle!

    I like Idina Menzel for the B, mainly bc she is more talented than most of them and doesn't get into scrapes. The only gossip you ever heard about her was when she and Diggs got divorced (and E said she got a boob job as a divorce present... riiiight), she flies under the radar and ignores the drama.

    I also like (in the +1million way) the idea of Mariah Carey shouting at Le'Ann Rhimes, "THIS IS NOT F*ING HEE HAW, FALCOR!" Bwahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi @Seven!

      I get what you mean about Idina. But in my mind, with her name recognition and of course Frozen, I think she is at the A/A- lister level now. Whereas I don't think that Sara B does.

      Sara writes, plays and sings really well. I feel like Outtie values that for some reason, I don't know why.

      I really hope Gaga did give LeAnne the dressing down. That would make me love LG so much.

      Delete
  14. #seven, hey there girl- except its the A singer who lambasted Leeanne not the A+ singer...so gaga or lauper taking down leeanne...right??

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a hot mess! Better than any reality show.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh @rolo, you're right! Gags is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good detective work everyone! Totally see someone saying it's not her haw to Leanne.

    ReplyDelete