Thursday, March 5, 2015

Noel Gallagher Gives His Reviews On Modern Pop Music

Noel Gallagher recently sat down for an interview with Rolling Stone. Among the topics was the state of modern pop music. Rolling Stone quotes Gallagher as follows:

"It's fucking awful. Modern pop music is bland nonsense. There isn't even a word yet that's capable of describing it. If it was a color, it would be beige, like a milky brown. Not for me." 

On Taylor Swift:
The interviewer asks: "What about Taylor Swift? She's a pop star, but many people praise her talent as a songwriter."

Gallagher: "Who says that? Her parents? Name these people. That's bullshit. You're fucking lying. She seems like a nice girl, but no one has ever said those words, and you know it."

Preach, Noel! Read the full interview at Rolling Stone.

8 comments:

  1. Noel Gallagher,always entertaining

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..because Champagne Supernova is the Stairway to Heaven of the 90's.
    I shared a beach house with co-workers on my first job (it was a perk, boss wanted us to like him) anyway, one of my co-workers brought her boyfriend who went on to drink every bit of alcohol in the house. I'll never forget hearing him stumbling up the stairs singing (out of key) AFTER ALL...YOU'RE MY WONDER BRAAAAA
    I won't forget it because the dumbass ended up in my room and tried to climb on top of me (so drunk he thought it was his room)
    I bet he won't forget it either. He limped the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's up with the Gallaghers being all over the news lately? Is it 1994?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect it gets increasingly harder in this age of PR to get any juicy quotes from anyone.Noel Gallagher will always oblige because he's made his money and has no bridges to burn

      Delete
    2. I always thought Noel was the sane one (or at least more sane)? Liam seemed to be the "don't you know who I am, bigger than the Beatles" one of the two.
      Not sure how or why Taylor Swift would come up in an interview with him, though. He certainly didn't need to be snotty about it.

      Delete
  4. I wonder who cares what either of them think. They bore me to tears.

    ReplyDelete