Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Anna Wintour's Tips On Success In Life

In the new book Winners and How They Succeed, Anna Wintour spoke to author Alastair Campbell about her life. Page Six excerpts her quotes as follows:

"Even if you aren't sure of yourself, pretend your are..most people prevaricate. I decide fast. I think it's helpful to the people who work for you."

"Everyone should get sacked at least once. It forces you to look at yourself...It is important to have setbacks, because that is the reality of life. Perfection doesn't exist."

"I don't have a high-powered life out of work. I like to go to the country for the weekend with the kids and the dog and play tennis. I am very good at turning off."

"I can't make anything. I don't know how to make a dress. I couldn't go on a shoot and create an image. I can't write a script. I have so much admiration for people who can do these things, because I would have no idea where to start. I am always responding to other people's talents. I am not the talent...I don't write, I am not a writer. I see myself as someone who responds to the times and the culture, to a moment. Is that a journalist? I don't know."


Anna Wintour, 65, also starts every morning at 5am.

11 comments:

  1. Make a career out of kissing asses above you, insulting those outside your circle, and taking credit for other people's endeavours. Pretty much the "how to" of every CEO in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually agree with everything printed here, and therefore don't think that's truly Anna's philosophy. I always find it weird that she ever bore a child, I can't imagine someone like her having no control over her body and its functions.

    I absolutely love Devil Wears Prada. Miranda/Anna's cracks were thoroughly visible, and of course Stanley Tucci. I <3 Nigel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, the last one I don't agree with. One of the most successful magazine editors in the fashion world pretending she doesn't know what she is and acting all humble because she's not "the talent" is disingenuous. She treats the underlings like crap and put Kim-freaking-Kartrashian on the cover of Vogue, that's how much she respects actual talent.

      Delete
  3. I love her on the Fashion Fund.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She wakes at five am. Great. When does she shove the pole up her a$$? 0530?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The most seemingly cold, self-important over-rated woman on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dammit, I get up at 5:15....so that's where I went wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still dont exactly wtf this woman does and why everyone goes mental whenever she opines.

    ReplyDelete