Monday, February 2, 2015

Blind Gossip Blind Item - Athlete Avoids The Backlash

As you watch the Super Bowl this weekend, we want you to think about a man who is one of the most famous American athletes of the past two decades. You may have heard some whispers about him over the years, but we are going to tell you the whole story.

A couple of years after he was drafted, he fell for a sports reporter who had covered him since the beginning of his professional career. The two started out as friends and eventually embarked on a relationship that lasted for several years.

One reason they never made their relationship public is because they were both in other relationships. The sportscaster was living with someone else at the time and the athlete was publicly dating some beautiful and famous women.

The other reason they didn’t make their relationship public is because the sportscaster is a man. Yes, our superstar athlete is gay. Always has been. The female celebrities he dated (including a very famous actress) and the wife he eventually married and divorced were all beards to dispel the gay rumors.

While he publicly denies that he is gay, he has been involved with many men over the years. The relationship with the sportscaster was the longest one that we know about. Our athlete only had one live-in boyfriend that we know about, a young male college student who moved out after two years when the gay rumors started up again. While our athlete doesn’t have a boyfriend right now, he sees plenty of men. He loves throwing boys-only parties (which supposedly get pretty wild), and, since he is a rich, handsome, affable former professional athlete, he pretty much has his pick of any boy he wants. Whenever those pesky rumors surface, he can always find a pretty female who is thrilled to be seen on his very celebrated arm.

Why doesn’t he come out? Well, he has watched with great interest the reception that other gay professional athletes have gotten, and, in his opinion, it’s not worth it. He has plenty of money, but he knows that his many endorsement deals would likely dry up as soon as he came out. He is worried about the backlash from former teammates and from fans that idolized him and hung posters of him on their wall. He believes his legacy would suffer.

Not a sports fan? Send this post to your favorite sports nut (via one of the social media buttons below) and ask them who they think it is.

And if you think that our athlete’s worries are unfounded, try this at your Super Bowl party this weekend: Ask the straight man sitting next to you who he thinks are the greatest professional athletes of the last twenty years. Pick any of the names, state that the athlete is gay, and watch his reaction. That’s why this superstar athlete isn’t coming out anytime soon.

Athlete:

Team:


Source: Blind Gossip

33 comments:

  1. I so wish this was that smug Tom Brady but it's probably supposed to be Troy Aikman (multiple MVP, too). Gisele is a model, not an actress. Aikman dated Sandra Bullock and Janine Turner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard Troy Aikman is gay stories for YEARS!!!

      Delete
  2. I cannot stand Tom Brady. Last night was a great game but that last minute call cost the Seahawks and douche Brady ended up with MVP
    UGH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! I don't even like football, but I can't stand Brady! Any guy that leaves a woman while she's pregnant with his baby, for a supermodel, is as douchetastic as it gets. Even if it's not working out, to leave during a pregnancy??!! LOATHE HIM. OMG, the way that stupid game ended killed me. I don't know a thing about football, but when it happened I turned to the friend next to me and yelled: "That cheating as*hole is gonna get MVP now!!!". I openly booed as the game ended. Strong feelings, LOL.

      Delete
  3. Yeah why Seattle passed at the last minute and not ran is beyond words
    troy Aikman yes. I read the comments thread at bg over the weekend. . Haha.
    he was my teenage crush I was soooo in lurrrve With him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the little dance with the one (can't recall names at the moment) juggling the ball, falling down and then sliding it right into his hands while he was still on the ground!! That was unbelievable!
      Brady did not deserve any awards last night, he played like he was asleep, he's just lucky that the other players picked up the slack. That last call though...man oh man I bet those players are pissed at their coach right now.

      Delete
  4. Is this necessarily a football star? Could be a basketball player as well. Zero clue though, I'll throw out Dennis Rodman. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does Aikman have any endorsements though? I only see him doing commentary, and most sports fans (aside from Cowboys fans) didn't think he was a great quarterback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Troy used to do a lot of local company endorsements in Texas. Don't know about elsewhere. He'd be crazy to come out and stay in Texas. The good old boy club wouldn't take that well at ALL! Down here guys like him live their whole retirement on their past glories. The good old boy club takes care of them as long as they don't embarrass anyone.

      Delete
  6. @Jessi, I think it's supposed to be a football player because the blind specifically asks that you turn to your sports person at the Super Bowl and ask the question, implying it's someone who closely follows football. BG blinds are very specific, they're like the opposite of KJE blinds!

    @sugar bread, I couldn't believe that either! My SO was yelling at the TV (me, too, I confess), WHO MADE THAT CALL?!!! There was a liner at the bottom of the screen earlier in the game that mentioned that Seattle's defensive coordinator is going to be the head coach of the Atlanta Falcons next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then the Falcons will continue in their outstanding record of nooneknowswhotheyare dom.

      Delete
  7. Haters gonna hate!

    And it's Troy Aikman. In his own words he has "chosen not to live that lifestyle."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brady played and awful game. My despise of him personally aside, I will say he is a good QB. But last night? He wasn't. There were 2 TD's he should have avoided. MVP? No. He shouldn't have gotten that. He got lucky in the last 20 seconds of the game because of a bad call from the other side. Period.

      Delete
    2. I'm a lifelong Pats fan (hey, I'm a native New Englander; it's in our DNA to root for the Boston-area teams!), and I think Julian Edelman should have gotten MVP instead of Brady; I'm no football expert, but my roommate and I thought he actually accomplished more for the team. I suppose QBs always have the edge w/this kind of thing, though.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Yeahh, everyone is saying this is definitely Troy Aikman

      Delete
  9. Aikman, I assume. And that man can do no wrong. It makes me sad he feels he has to hide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Troy.
      A - Rod's steroid scandal has ruined his endorsements. Not the gay thing.

      Delete
    2. Aikman stayed in the game Waaaay too long. He's had so many concussions it's frightening. It reminds me of Lyle Alzado from the original Denver Broncos Orange Crush Defense. He abused his body for so long playing ball and using steroids to deal with the sport it killed him by age 43. I wouldn't be surprised if Aikman didn't have mental problems down the road from the skull injuries he's sustained.

      Delete
  10. I just don't think Troy was all that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of he's happy not coming out, so be it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Troy has endorsement deals with WingStop and Acme brick and probably others I don't remember. I read this blind to my husband last night and he immediately said "Troy Aikman". That was my guess when I read it as well. There were rumors about him long ago but I haven't heard anything lately.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait til this is a non-issue. Like race, hair colour or beer or wine drinker. It friggin should not even be a factor. I hope I'm old enough to see this become totes irrelevant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amen Bee! I thought Troy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The live in roommate made me think of Aaron Rodgers

    ReplyDelete
  16. i could only think of michael jordan but i don't follow sports really and i don't know who Aikman is..

    ReplyDelete
  17. i could only think of michael jordan but i don't follow sports really and i don't know who Aikman is..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tom Brady was sent from Heaven by God himself. Like a previous poster, I too wish this blind was about him--but for very different reasons apparently: I don't consider being gay a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Troy Aikman fits this blind perfectly.

    There are rumors about A-Rod but because of the SB I'm thinking it's a football player and that it's Aikman.

    Is Rodgers still living with his BFF?

    ReplyDelete
  20. this killed all my teenage fantasies but allegedly his *roommate*
    scott hanson
    i still love him and hate to say it but if you think there's not homophobia in
    the nfl look at sam bradford's career not at all career.. glad he's living his life out loud
    and proud but he is clearly getting shut out by the nfl owners and teammates

    ReplyDelete