Monday, February 23, 2015

Two And A Half Men Ending

Spoiler Alert:





The Vanity Card for the episode read as follows:

"CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #491

I know a lot of you might be disappointed that you didn't get to see Charlie Sheen in tonight's finale. For the record, he was offered a role. Our idea was to have him walk up to the front door in the last scene, ring the doorbell, then turn, look directly into the camera and go off on a maniacal rant about the dangers of drug abuse. He would then explain that these dangers only applied to average people. That he was far from average. He was a ninja warrior from Mars. He was invincible. 

And then we would drop a piano on him. 

We thought it was funny. 

He didn't. 

Instead, he wanted us to write a heart-warming scene that would set up his return to primetime TV in a new sitcom called The Harpers starring him and Jon Cryer. 

We thought that was funny too."

9 comments:

  1. Brought to you by the producers of the Dexter finale!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't the word "funny" means what you think it means, Chuck Lorre Productions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never get into this show. Sorry. It seemed like a celebration of douchebaggery. None of the characters were likable, and if people in my family acted like this, I'd book them a slot on Dr. Phil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you @ Snarky. Same reason I had to give up on Californication.

      Delete
  4. I watched maybe a couple of episodes when they had the kid on but it was just too douchey and I despise laugh tracks.

    I must be in a 50 shades mood b/c I watched that clip (it's really bad) and I'm watching a Stand Up to Cancer telecast that aired in September - they had Dave Matthews on (I love Dave Matthews) but then Ariana Grande Latte came on. Blergh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it was funny how both Charlie and Lorre were hit by the piano..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, for one, will miss Conchata Ferrell. If the show was on in the background and I heard Berta's voice, I'd watch just for her.

    I have loved and laughed with Conchata since her Hot L Baltimore days. She's had a long, storied career.

    I hope both she and Holland Taylor took Chuck Lorre to the bank for hazard pay for those last few years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just sad Ducky got dragged into this mess 12 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Think both Chuck and Charlie are assholes with overinflated egos. I stopped watching when Charlie stopped appearing in the show. He was really good in it even though him and Chuck cant seem to get along.

    ReplyDelete