Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Graham Moore Is Straight

Newly minted Oscar-winner Graham Moore, who wrote the screenplay for The Imitation Game, has been making news for his wonderfully touching speech at the Oscars. However, due to the film being written about a gay man, many viewers thought that Moore's speech was about him coming out. Which has placed Moore in the unique position of coming out as straight to the media. Page Six quotes Moore as follows:

"I'm not gay, but I've never talked publicly about depression before or any of that and that was so much of what the movie was about and it was one of the things that drew me to Alan Turing so much."

7 comments:

  1. I was surprised when I read he was straight not like there's anything wrong with that but he certainly "appeared" otherwise. Now we know how he's different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truthfully, all i got out of it was he tried to kill himself because he felt like a misfit. So, what, of its " just depression", thats not interesting enough. Believe me, it is. It has driven many to suicide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hollywood prefers to think only gays are bullied or feel marginalized. Why would there be a need to label him anything other than a talented writer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a teen sucks. It sucked when I was one, and it's only worse now because, with technology there's no escape. I feel for him and I hope his speech helps people. I've lost loved ones to suicide and it's the mst gut wrenching thing I've ever experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart goes out to you Snarky. Big hugs.

    As a teen I had thoughts of suicide as well but dreaming that tomorrow would be better saved me. I have never been clinically depressed so all I say is that the teenaged brain is a fucked up thing to have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate that people have to confirm or deny their sexuality. Why should we even care if we're not members of Westboro? If you're not the one in my bed, whoever is in your bed (as long as you're both consenting adults and not directly related) is none of my business.

    ReplyDelete