Friday, December 12, 2014

Gucci Changing Clothes

Rumor has it that Gucci CEO Patrizio di Marco and creative director Frida Gianni is on their way out, effective imminently, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The two also share a daughter together. The CEO of Gucci's watches and jewelry division, Michele Sofisti, departed the company last week. October saw Gucci post their weakest growth in four years. The top contestant to take over as creative director is Riccardo Tisci, currently at Givenchy. Outtie hopes that Gucci will keep throwing money at Tom Ford until he agrees to come back to revive the brand.

15 comments:

  1. Since I will never own anything Gucci, Givenchy or Ford, I am having a hard time caring about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I used to buy Givenchy hose, does that count? And I think I have a Tom Ford fragrance. Total baller.

      Delete
    2. Uno, I will check the rule book on this. I do know that any items purchased from the back of a station wagon from anyone named Buddy or Max do not qualify.

      Delete
    3. Ha! How about "designer" bags from a street stall in Tijuana? Just checking...for a friend.

      Delete
  2. Try to imagine how little I care. Their products are tacky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. FSP, I request a Santa clause hat or reindeer ears on your next profile pic please :)

      Delete
    2. I have something picked out for Christmas week @Gina Sz

      Delete
  4. I enjoy Gucci's perfumes. Does that count? Flora and Gucci II.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Tom Ford is too busy with his own empire these days. Interesting that Frida is out. I wonder what she will do now???
    That's where she has been forever, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whatever happened between Tom Ford and Gucci that caused so much bad blood anyway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't Tisci Kanye's special friend? Does this mean a Trashian could become the face of Gucci?

    ReplyDelete