Thursday, January 22, 2015

Marilyn Manson Esquire Interview

Marilyn Manson recently sat down for an interview with Esquire magazine. Manson touched on a variety of topics, including Courtney Love, Billy Corgan, and Rose McGowan. Manson is quoted as saying the following:

"We never really had a falling out. We've always been weird with each other, because she's slept with pretty much every one of my friends, supposedly. Not me, though. She, one time, told me she was mad at me because I didn't want to fuck her and I was smarter than her. I said, "Well, you kind of proved your own point right there on that one." But it was cool. We didn't work any scenes together [on SoA], but I saw her on the red carpet. Her dress broke, and I said, "You okay? Your pussy didn't show, did it?" and she said, "No," and I went, "Thank God! That would've been horrible!" That was the only time I fucked with her. Other than that, I'm cool with Courtney. It was funny, because I ran into Billy [Corgan], and a lot of people think there was some kind of falling out. It was mostly that he wrote a strongly worded letter about how Rose McGowan would ruin my life and ruin my career if I stayed with her, which was good advice, and he wrote it as a letter, which is very polite. There is sort of a guy code that I abide by where he totally offered his advice, and he was genuinely just looking out for my best interests. I hadn't seen him in 15 years. I had forgotten how close we were, having not seen him in so long. He's the one who taught me how to play guitar, so if it sucks or it's good, it's his fault."

Read the full interview at Esquire.com 

15 comments:

  1. Manson is way way out there. I recently read vanity fair long article on him. Strange, weird, bizarre, freaky and probably a bit mentally disturbed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ex was offered a job to tour manage him once. His rider asked for a kitty litter box. He declined upon reading that. He's definitely out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he tries too hard. This old article from the Onion pretty much sums up how I feel about him: http://www.theonion.com/articles/marilyn-manson-now-going-doortodoor-trying-to-shoc,459/

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh* Try hard. Poor man's Alice Cooper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He sounds like such a treat. Rose McGowan banged all your friends, but not you, because you're smarter than she is? How precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought he was talking about Courtney there?

      Delete
    2. You're right, it was Courtney he was talking about. Bragging about being smarter than Drunkney Love is quite a feat.

      Delete
  6. You gotta love Alice Cooper. He was just a straight laced conservative guy at heart really, Alice was his true alter ego. I love the documentary on Alice Cooper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah that goth thing is dumb enough when you're in highschool, I can't imagine trying to keep that whole schtick up for as many years as he has. Alice Cooper had the right idea. You trot your persona out on stage but once the curtain drops, the show is over and the makeup comes off. Even David Bowie acknowledged that Ziggy Stardust was simply a character (who he eventually killed off).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait!! Ziggy is ....dead? I thought he retired to Boca!!

      Delete
    2. Don't you remember auntliddy - when the kids had killed the man, he had to break up the band.

      Delete
    3. Ziggy would have retired to somewhere cool like Prague. Hell he probably got murdered in Florida.

      Delete
  8. completely ot i watched wendy williams yesterday and jlo was talking about how one of her exes was trying to woo her back and called her to go to her window at her house and when she went to her bedroom window some guy released 100 doves everywhere...
    she said she was living next door to halle berry at the time and some of the doves didn't quite make the fly over halles yard and shit everywhere and destroyed some of her yard and she was like sorry.. she didn't name the ex but i think the timeline fit w/ puffy.. i love when jlo dishes on her exes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she also said she never went back to the ex which makes me think its puffy too

      Delete