Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Meet Sean Douglas

Those of you who saw the Golden Globes saw Michael Keaton's touching speech to his son. You may not have heard his name before, but you've probably heard his music. Page Six reveals that Sean Douglas, 31, is a singer-songwriter, and has written such hits as Demi Lovato's Heart Attack, and Jason Derulo's Talk Dirty and Wiggle. Douglas also wrote a track on Madonna's upcoming Rebel Heart album. Some personal info about Douglas: His mother, Caroline McWilliams, was married to Keaton from 1982 - 1990, and passed away in 2010. And the reason that Sean's last name is Douglas? So is Michael Keaton's. Michael Douglas, as he was born, had to change his name when he joined SAG, because there was already a famous actor who bore that name. Michael chose Keaton as a nod to Buster Keaton.

15 comments:

  1. He does like a nice guy but i dont get all the gaga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Michael Keaton. That interview a few months ago when they asked him if he was upset there were new batmans he answered, "No. You know why? I'm Batman." :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Katydid Love that! And Sean seems wicked awesome

      Delete
  3. I think the sabbatical has overly humbled Mr. Keaton. I always loved him and glad he is making a comeback. I love that quote @Katydid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore Michael Keaton. As much as I like Christian Bale, Keaton's Batman will always be my favorite. Plus he was Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And don't forget Mr Mom! He was adoreable in that movie!!!!

      Delete
  5. I have a prop cowl from Batman Returns sitting diagonally across the room from me. It was one of the latex ones they used for long distance shots. But it also came with an autographed framed 16X18 photo and Keaton signature. (My uncle ran a bank and Tim Burton was getting financing for a project, my Uncle mentioned to him how big of a Keaton and Batman fan I was so he got my address and a few weeks later I had a package waiting for me after I got home from school with the stuff in it. So freaking awesome.)

    My youngest niece is in awe of it, every time she comes over she has to just stare at it and "sneak" putting it on. I've already added to my will that she gets the Batman cowl since she loves it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who saw Birdman? I liked it. He was really good in it. So deserving of any praise coming his way. His son sounds very talented too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What? His name isn't really an adverb?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get Michael Keaton and Keifer Sutherland mixed up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sat next to him at the four seat bar at the Fairmont Miramar on a Sunday night. He was handwriting out a book/screenplay/journal on a legal pad. Very intense, I only asked if the seat was taken (not knowing who I was tapping on the shoulder), so no ongoing conversation. The bartender told me the next day that he is a very nice guy and good tipper. Apparently, he'd come in on Sunday nights on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That movie he did, Clean and Sober was awesome. Awesome. I pretty much any movie he's in. Underrated actor.

    ReplyDelete