Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Hayden Panettiere Talks Postpartum Depression

Hayden Panettiere attended the Critics' Choice Awards over the weekend; her first red carpet appearance since seeking treatment for postpartum depression. E! News caught up with her on the red carpet; here's what she had to say:

"It made my life better. I do feel and hope it's made other people's lives better and more of an understanding because postpartum depression was not something that I ever understood. You could never understand it unless you have a personal involvement with it. I didn't realize how much of a stigma it had about it."

On what the experience has taught her:
"I've been doing this for so long and I feel like I have been hiding who I was really am and was just afraid, terrified that someone was going to judge, someone wasn't going to like something that I said, something that I wore, something I did...I want to put out a good example for my daughter and tell her that she could be anyone she wants to be, she does not have to be afraid that somebody's not going to like it because no matter what you do, there's always going to be somebody who doesn't like it. I was floored by the positive response and really happy I could stand up for the women who are out there suffering from this and let them know it's OK, they're not alone. It doesn't mean they're weak. It doesn't mean they're a bad mom. It doesn't mean they're strange and that they could get help if they need it."

No comments:

Post a Comment