Friday, January 22, 2016

All That Time With Goop Rubbed Off On Chris Martin

Remember the days when you thought that of Apple and Moses' two parents, Chris Martin was the one who was normal about food? Sorry to burst your bubble, but here's what he had to say in a recent radio interview, as reprinted by E! News:

"I fast once a week." (Meaning he doesn't eat any food, and only drinks water one day out of every week). "I started doing it because I was sick one time, and this guy said to me, 'Just try not eating for a day because it will make your body feel healthier.' I did it and then I found I could sing a bit better, and also I felt so grateful for food...and just grateful for everything in a way that I wasn't so much before. I think that that feeling of gratitude and stuff naturally brings out a joyous feeling, and also when you're hungry you are very focused, so both sides of it I think help creatively...If you fast for a while, about 15 hours in, you get a little antsy, so you've got to be careful who you're talking to at that point."

On what he eats when he's not fasting:

"Well, you're supposed to go for something like a kale salad. I tend to have Nutella and pancakes, which is terrible and completely defeats the point."

No comments:

Post a Comment