Thursday, January 21, 2016

Grace Coddington Has Stepped Down At Vogue

Page Six reports that Grace Coddington, 74, who has been the creative director at Vogue for many years, is stepping down from her role. The magazine released the following statement: "After more than 25 years at American Vogue, Grace Coddington will assume the role of creative director at large and take on additional projects outside of the magazine. She will work on several Vogue fashion shoots throughout the years."

As for Coddington, she had this to say of the departure, "I really love Vogue, it's been in my life always, they discovered me as a model at 19. I'm not running away from Vogue, because it has opened so many doors. But it will be nice to collaborate, and nice to go out [and] give talks to people. It's just another approach. I'm certainly not going into retirement. I don't want to sit around."


Next up for Coddington? A fragrance collaboration with Comme des Garçons.


No comments:

Post a Comment