Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Linda Perry Shades Lady Gaga's Oscar Nomination

Linda Perry hit up Twitter to tell the world exactly what she thought of Lady Gaga's Oscar Nomination for the song "Til It Happens To You," for which she is co-nominated with songwriter Diane Warren. Page Six reprints Perry's tweets as follows:

"I have Diane’s original demo with her singing. The only line that has been changed ‘Till you’re at the end, the end of your rope.’ Originally was ‘Til you got a hole ripped in your soul.’ So I guess technically one line was changed so sure Gaga possible ‘rewrote’ a line. But changes are Diane still took part in rewriting that line which means Gaga contributed a few words. Is that writing? Not in my book...If she gave Gaga writing credit it would ensure the support this song needed and deserved. And Gaga knows her power. I’m not putting anyone or anything down. I’m stating the truth. I credit Diane for writing this song, it is her experience her pain her words.”

No comments:

Post a Comment