Monday, January 18, 2016

Sarah Jessica Parker Talks Playing Carrie Bradshaw

Sarah Jessica Parker recently sat down for an interview with WSJ Magazine, where she talked about portraying the role of Carrie Bradshaw on Sex and the City. The magazine quotes her as follows:

“I love the process of becoming somebody else, but the work to become so, and to be convincing, is still very challenging. Every project is brand new and scary. People probably don’t realize that Carrie Bradshaw was radically different from who I was, who I continue to be. I think that sometimes because we look alike and live in the same city and haunt the same neighborhoods, that it was sort of like I was playing in the sandbox, when in truth it took real work every day to be her, to understand her, to not judge her. I’m working on a new series for HBO now. The character I’m playing is incredibly different from me in many ways—she handles complexity differently than I do, her marriage is different from my own, and she’s struggling financially in a way that I don’t at this point in my life. But that’s what I love. I still love the idea of being somebody else.”

No comments:

Post a Comment