Thursday, July 28, 2016

Wentworth Miller Gives Update About Depression

Earlier this year, Wentworth Miller spoke openly about suffering from depression for most of his life after a meme popped up on the Internet which fat-shamed him. He recently spoke to People about things have gone since opening up about his depression. Here's what he had to say:

"I was having a really strong emotional experience and I needed to get it out. Articulating how I'm feeling, that's a life-saving practice. And it's part of my self-care. I knew whoever was responsible [for the meme] didn't know me or know anything about me. They didn't have a clue what kinds of issues they were bringing up for me." 

On how he's progressed:
"I haven't experienced a major depressive episode in maybe three years. I try to stay really aware of where I'm at and what's up for me. And I'll just emphasize how important it is to reach out if you think someone is in crisis. The tiniest gesture can have a huge impact. Just let them know they're not alone. It can make a difference."


No comments:

Post a Comment