Saturday, July 30, 2016

Gwyneth Paltrow Wants to Consciously Uncouple from Goop

First the man, then the brand. E! News reports that Gwyneth Paltrow is sick of people giving her shit for her lifestyle website Goop. She released the following statement:

"In order to build the brand I want to build, its scalability is limited if I connect it to the brand. So I always think, 'How can I grow the brand? How can I separate myself from the brand? And I think its going to be more its own brand. More and more, I would like it to be its own brand. My dream is that one day no one will remember that I had anything to do with it.

The challenges I encounter every day running a business and operating a business are incredibly fulfilling, and totally terrifying and really awesome. It's been an amazing journey...Goop is an e-commerce and content platform, and we say that we are devoted to making every choice count. We like to push boundaries, we like to move the needle, and we are not afraid to create some controversy once in a while. We want to become the first truly modern lifestyle brand built on a digital platform and everything that encompasses.

I was making a conscious career change and really accepting the responsibilities which came along with it. I did a crash course on being a founder, running a business, giving myself permission to take a seat at the table as the founder and what that meant. There are so many challenges, just in terms of everything that had to learn and everything I didn't know." 


I think that is code for "perhaps people will find me less insufferable if I am not trying to convince them that I am 'just like them' while simultaneously extolling the virtues of $600 plain white t-shirts."


No comments:

Post a Comment