Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Stranger Things' Millie Bobby Brown Talks First Kisses

Millie Bobby Brown, star of Stranger Things, 12, recently sat down for an interview with Sia music video star Maddie Ziegler, 14, for Interview Magazine. Here are some of the highlights:

ZIEGLER: "Okay, okay. So I think people are interested in how we first met because they see us on Instagram and want to know how we know each other, but, I mean, we kind of just, like ... We clicked right away."

BROWN: "Yeah. I got tickets to go see So You Think You Can Dance because I've been watching you since I was about 7, and I was crazy when I knew you were actually going to be on the show. And the whole show I was looking at you like, "Please let her look at me." And then they told me that I could go backstage and meet you, and I'm literally, like, taking deep breaths, like, "Oh my goodness," and then you were a normal human being. You were Maddie Ziegler. Then you followed me on Twitter—and I had a meltdown—and the rest is history, really. I finally got your number, and then we met, and we had that very hysterical day where we met some funny people at the pool. We just clicked. I feel like I'm talking to someone else, not you. I feel like I'm talking in the third person. [laughs]"

ZIEGLER: "So when did Stranger Things come out? Before or after you came to So You Think?"

BROWN: "It came out on July 15th, and I came to see your So You Think, like, the 18th or 19th, so it literally just came out. It wasn't very big so I thought you thought I was a crazy fan. I was like, "Have you watched my show yet? It's been out for four days." You were like, "No, I don't watch Stranger Things." The next time I saw you, you had watched it and you kept on teasing me about the kiss, and I thought, "Oh, this girl's crazy.""

ZIEGLER: "I felt so bad because I didn't know what you were talking about. I was like "Okay, she's on a TV show." So then I was like, a lot of people have been talking about this show, and then I watched it, and I was like, "Holy crap, this is like the biggest show right now.""

BROWN: "Yeah, it's pretty big. I mean, we took about seven months to film it, but I think the Duffers have been with it since 2012, when my sister was born. And then in 2015, they were like, "Netflix picked up our show. Now we've got to cast it." They cast Winona and David Harbour, they cast Gaten [Matarazzo], they cast me, and it was going on from there. But really, the Duffers deserve all the recognition that we got, because they made it such an incredible show."

ZIEGLER: "It's something different, because it's based in the '80s. A lot of shows right now are up to date, like in 2016 ..."

BROWN: "Yeah, like with hoverboards. [laughs]"

ZIEGLER: "How will you feel with Eleven as a Halloween costume? Even though, I feel like I already see people dress up as Eleven."

BROWN: "At Comic-Con, people dress up as her. It's very rewarding in a way, and as strange as Stranger Things. People are embracing her character and trying to portray her. I think it's nice to see what different people think of her character. I'm cool with people dressing up as Eleven for Halloween. I definitely want to open my door and give them candy."

ZIEGLER: "We were talking about Stranger Things being your favorite show because you get to kiss Finn [Wolfhard, who plays Mike]."

BROWN: "You're an evil, evil person. You know that? Are you aware of that, Maddie? Yeah, I did have to kiss Finn. At the end of the day, it's only acting, and it's something you have to do, and I would do anything for the show. I cut my hair, I kissed Finn. It was definitely strange. It was, like, my first kiss, so it was kind of weird. But then, like, when I'd done it, I thought, "Wow. It makes sense for the storyline.""

ZIEGLER: "It was priceless, like, your reactions. You were like, "Kissing sucks." And then Finn ..."

BROWN: "Finn reacted quite well and I didn't. [laughs] I felt really bad afterwards."

ZIEGLER: "It was funny because, obviously, boys are attracted to you. Pretty cool. "

BROWN: "It's in a strange way. I don't know if they're like in love with the character. Like, [they want to brag] "I know the real character, guys.""

Read the full interview at Interview.


No comments:

Post a Comment