Friday, October 28, 2016

FKA Twigs Has Some Seriously Fucked Up Views on Relationships

FKA Twigs, who you may know better as Robert Pattinson's fiancée, recently sat down for an interview with ES Magazine where she had this to say:

On an emotionally abusive past relationship:
“In the relationship I couldn’t communicate. The person I was with was stopping me from explaining how I felt. So the physical manifestation is someone putting their hand in your mouth. But there’s an element, too, of liking that as well. It’s messed up. It’s addictive.”

When the interviewer suggests that is a brutal image:
“Violent, or beautiful? It’s kind of sexy, like emotional abuse can be tender. That’s why it’s messed up. If you are in an emotionally abusive relationship, it can be tender, that’s why you stay. And you stay because there’s a poorly part of your mind that likes it.” 

On dancing:
“It became a chore. Dancing isn’t a job, it’s an existence, you know?...I was told point-blank that no matter how hard I tried, no matter what I did, I couldn’t be a ballet dancer. I have certain things in my body which aren’t technically good for ballet in the old tradition. Like my pelvis tilts back. I don’t have arches in my feet.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment