Sunday, July 10, 2016

Catching Up with Kristin Chenoweth

Kristin Chenoweth recently sat down for an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. Here's what she had to say:

The big news is Hairspray. What can we expect from Mrs. Velma Von Tussle?
"I want to put my spin on it and pay homage to Michelle’s [Pfeiffer] take and pay homage to the material. I certainly hope I look as good as Michelle Pfeiffer did. One of the things I respect and admire about her is, not only is she beautiful, but she’s also a fantastic actress. She always led with her talent first and that’s something I really respect. I hope she watches and smiles and thinks back when she had a good time in her musical life."

You’ve obviously had plenty of theater experience, but live TV is different.
"I’m hoping my former pageant work of long ago clicks in and gives me some of the fun that’s already there in the part that I can draw from. I think Hairspray lends itself so perfectly for this kind of live shooting of a musical cause it’s basically about a beautiful love story between a girl and herself and becoming okay with herself, but it’s also about the show within a show, so I think it works on TV."

In the meantime you’re on the new Match Game.
"I was with Leah Remini, J.B. Smoove, Jack McBrayer from 30 Rock, who’s adorable, and Randall Park, who I love, and Sarah Palin. I’m just going to say she is a total dish. She’s gorgeous and she’s very, in person, personable. I can see how people kind of went with that at that time. It was all in fun and jest, and that’s what I love about the show. I think Sarah Palin had a good time too. I’m not going to hate on her because we disagree. She’s never personally rude to me."

Any chance we’ll see you in the movie adaptation of Wicked?
"I haven’t heard a peep. I’m pretty close with all the creators and producers. I think Idina [Menzel] and I, we’re both in our 40s. I think if they made them age over time, sure we could do it. Maybe I’ll play one of the Munchkins."

Read the full interview at The Hollywood Reporter.

No comments:

Post a Comment