Thursday, July 14, 2016

Catching Up with Jeff Lewis

Flipping Out returned on Bravo last night. In preparation for the premiere, Jeff Lewis sat down for an interview with People. Here's what he had to say:

On how he's portrayed on Flipping Out:
“I don’t always look great. But that would be boring if I always looked great.”

On getting fired from Living Spaces:
“It certainly stung, and I felt it in a big way. So I grieved a little bit. Then I brushed myself off and got up and realized, ‘Well, I gotta go make a living.’”

On working on his new home while living in it:
“In hindsight it was a very bad decision for me to live in the home while I was doing the work. Maybe because so much time has passed since the last time I had done that, I forgot about how truly horrible it is...It’s happening quicker because if someone doesn’t show up on time, I’m on the phone calling them over and over and over again like a stalker. So it’s actually moving quickly and the quality of the work is very good.”

On his reaction when he found out that he and Gage Edwards would be expecting a daughter in the Fall via surrogate:
“We decided that we were going to quickly redo the nursery. I am waiting for that room to be finished so I can start loading it with everything we need. I’m very organized so for me this is kind of torture that last-minute stuff.”

On returning to therapy:
“I hadn’t been there in a long time and I think I probably should have gone to therapy a little sooner. Some of it comes at you so quickly and there’s so much that it’s a little overwhelming, and I felt like I needed a little extra help. A lot can change in just a 12 month period, and this has just been one of those incredible growth years.”


No comments:

Post a Comment