Monday, July 11, 2016

Adam Devine's Dating History Is Hilarious

The Hollywood Reporter recently interviewed Adam Devine, who stars in Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates. Here's what he had to say:

Do you have a go-to karaoke song?
"My girlfriend and I like L.L. Cool J's "Doin' It." The other night at the premiere party, we were about to perform it, and then I realized that my parents were at the party and it was way too sexually graphic for us to sing. So I chickened out. Actually, it was my girlfriend's doing. She was like, "I'm not gonna sing this in front of your dad," although they had just seen the movie, and they've seen every episode of Workaholics. So, I mean, if anyone can get away with singing that in front of their parents, it's probably me."

Do you have a worst-date story?
"I did go on this date with this girl that I met online, and I should have known that she was gonna be crazy. I asked, "What do you do?" and she was like, "Oh, I make videos."  And I'm like, "Oh, cool. That's kind of how I got started. I want to see some of your videos." The videos were of her dressed up as a superhero and fighting crime, but then the bad guy's superpower was to sit on her face. So it was like a weird fetish for a subculture of guys who really love superheroes and also sitting on faces. I'm like, "And you do this every day?" And she's like, "Oh, constantly. It's my whole life. I love it.""

Who do you think is the funniest person working in Hollywood today?
"Will Ferrell is a true hero of mine. I love just about everything he does. And I really like everything that Seth Rogen does. When I was starting to come up, everyone was so much older than me, like Will Ferrell, Jack Black, [Adam] Sandler, Vince Vaughn and Ben Stiller. There was no one around my same age who was starring in comedy movies. And then I remember Kyle Newacheck, who directs most of Workaholics, and I — we were at The Grove watching a movie, and we saw the poster for Knocked Up. [Seth Rogen] looked like a buddy of ours. I'm like, "Oh, we can do that too." In his movies, he talks how we talk, and he has the same references that we do. We thought, "It's possible. There is gonna be another wave of people in comedy." And hopefully I'm on that wave. I want to ride it. Give me a boogie board."

Do you have a dream that reoccurs a lot?
"I've only had it for a handful of times, but it's in a haunted funhouse where there are clowns and stuff, and they're trying to scare you. And I walk around, I'm scared, and then somehow I befriend the clowns. And then we're all just kicking it in this funhouse, and it becomes a fun house again. I wonder what that means. "


No comments:

Post a Comment