Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Salma Hayek Talks Marriage

Salma Hayek recently sat down for an interview with Red magazine. Here's what she had to say:

“Sex is not the key to a happy marriage, but it’s a side effect. Although not every day! If it’s every day, it loses its charm. It’s so important to maintain your chemistry. You have to continue to laugh, explore, have fun with each other, and have romance. A good marriage, full of love, is my biggest accomplishment. Home is where my husband is. He is home. Everything outside of the family nucleus is an adventure that you’re living together.”

On Sexiness:
“Even though I struggle every moment with my own judgement of my body, I’m in touch with myself. I try to be really aware of every muscle. It is sexy. Sexuality, what other people see in you, is enjoying your body. Involve your senses in your life, and you will become sexy. Dance, and not to look good. If you dance terribly, still dance. I’m a diver, and I think this is the most sensual thing. It’s liberating to move in the water, to float, to observe things that you cannot control, to be in touch with your breathing. I find that sexy. It might in the moment not look sexy, but this interaction with life makes you sexy. And even if you’re on a diet, enjoy your food – please! It’s a very Latin point of view.”

On Menopause:
“They don’t tell you the things that can happen. They send you this questionnaire: Are you losing your hair? Are your nose and your ears growing? Do you have facial hair growing? Are you gaining weight that you cannot get rid of? Are you shrinking? And then they ask, is your vagina dry? And my answer was, ‘If I’m bald, and my nose and my ears are huge, and I have a moustache and a beard, and I cannot lose the weight, and I’m even shorter than I’ve been my whole life, who cares if the vagina is dry? Nobody is gonna come near it!’” 


No comments:

Post a Comment