Thursday, June 2, 2016

John Carney Walks Back Keira Knightley Criticism

After taking some cheap shots at Keira Knightley in an interview with The Independent, Begin Again director John Carney is walking back his comments. He posted the following apology on his Twitter:

"Recently, in a phone interview, the conversation turned to a discussion about a past film, Begin Again, starring Kiera [sic] Knightley. I said a number of things about Keira which were petty, mean and hurtful. I'm ashamed of myself that I could say such things and I've been trying to account for what they say about me. In trying to pick holes in my own work, I ended up blaming someone else. That's not only bad directing, that's shoddy behaviour, that I am not in any way proud of. It's arrogant and disrespectful. Keira was nothing but professional and dedicated during that film and she contributed hugely to its success. I wrote to Keira personally to apologise, but I wanted to publicly, and unreservedly apologise to her fans and friends and anyone else who I have offended. It's not something that I could ever justify, and will never repeat."




No comments:

Post a Comment