Thursday, June 2, 2016

Blake Shelton Talks Assholes and Gwen Stefani

Blake Shelton recently sat down for an interview with Rolling Stone. Here's what he had to say:

Any assholes in country music? Nashville doesn't exactly seem to be a place where many feuds brew.
"Only people that do interviews in y'all's magazine. [Laughs] I don't know what it is about Rolling Stone. People say the most asinine stuff in these interviews for some reason. I remember the last one that bubbled up was with Luke and Zac Brown. But we're all pretty close. Since I started seeing Gwen, I realized that there's not as many really close friendships of the artists in maybe pop and rock. With country music, I'd say 95 percent of us either live in Nashville or used to live in Nashville. We're around each other. And because of that, yeah, there's gonna be times when there's an argument or somebody gets sideways and says something and it gets back to 'em. But it seems like it always works itself out."

Like your album, Beyoncé's Lemonade deals with a relationship falling apart. Have you checked it out?
"I watched the movie, and it blew me away. One lyric really hit me: "Who the fuck do you think I is?/You ain't married to no average bitch." Whoa! That's not a marketing stunt. I can't believe that's anything other than true."

When did you realize that you and Gwen had a connection?
"We were starting The Voice last year, and  I had to sit down and go, "Look, by the time this thing airs, my life will have completely changed, and we need to talk about this now because it may affect what we talk about on the show." I just felt like there doesn't need to be secrets. And then the same thing [happened] with Gwen. It was like, "Here's what's going on, this show ain't gonna air until three months from now, so let's get this talked about right now.""

It seems like you, Miranda and Gwen are on the cover of every tabloid these days. What's that like?
"It used to upset me, but it turns out it just pays really well. They can't let go of anything I do. I literally was followed to work today. It must mean my career is doing pretty well, because my personal life's not that exciting. I'm almost 40 years old. I don't do that much. I'm kind of a slug. But they damn sure want pictures of it."

Read the full interview at Rolling Stone.


No comments:

Post a Comment