Thursday, October 8, 2015

The World's Most Romantic Post


Nikki Reed Proposes A New Diet...For Your Mind:

"A couple of days ago, Mom, Ian, and I went out to an open field to spend the day eating rice crackers and day-old BBQ'ed veggies and, more interestingly, to talk about how much we wanted our own farm one day. The quick picnic turned into a four-hour, cross-legged blanket session and a much-needed cuddle with Mom as my head easily found its way into her lap. We ate, we laughed, and then I got up to go for a solo skipping session down the cow trail. I heard my mom in the distance, her laughter getting quieter the farther I walked, her whispers about me always being "her little girl" becoming less audible. I realized in that moment how much I have always relied on this woman, no matter where we started, where it took us, or where we ended up. Her advice, her wisdom, and most of all her ability to put everything in the simplest of terms, have always given me just the perspective that I need; this is something I will always cherish.

I walked back over and sat down next to her. She asked me, as she does from time to time, what kind of exercise I had been doing lately. "Nothing new," I told her. "Just the usual, whatever I can fit in." "What about for your soul?" she asked. Now I knew what she was trying to ask me. Mom, for many years, has been the voice that gently whispers reminders to meditate, do yoga, enroll in school, and go for walks—anything that prioritizes exercising the mind and the soul in the same way I do my fitness routine. Being the money-conscious woman that she is, she would say through a smile, "You know, gym memberships and workout classes, those things cost money, but finding the time to quiet the mind and connect with yourself, that's free.""

Read the full column at Elle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment