Friday, October 9, 2015

FKA Twigs Talks Fans

FKA Twigs recently sat down for an interview with Paper Magazine, where she opened up about her fans. The magazine quotes her as follows:

“I think Taylor Swift is great, but I wouldn't necessarily think, ‘Oh my god, I have to be friends with her.’ When I meet fans, they're quite creative and intelligent, kind, sensitive. Some are old ladies, witch doctors from Louisiana, kids that have just left art school. Gay or lesbian couples, straight middle-aged couples...I'm honest, and that comes out. I’m not affected by what fans would think, or by people critiquing what I do. [I’m not doing it for] the children of the world; I mean the children that I haven't had yet. I'm quite traditional. You know that saying, ‘You can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl?’ I grew up in Gloucestershire, and there's a certain format that people fit into. And I'm actually quite happy with that format. I'm quite happy to say, ‘Go to school, work hard on your GCSEs, do your A-Levels, get married, have children.

I just like working hard and learning things. I do this because I want my children to have a nice life, and I want my children's children to have a nice life. And I want my grandkids to be proud of what I've achieved. And I want to be a role model, but not for the world. I don't mind about that — that'll come or it won't come. It's no different from being a car salesman. Imagine if I said to a car salesman, ‘Why are you doing that?’ [They'd say] ‘Cause I want to work hard, and I want to have a nice life, and when I have kids, I want to be able to buy a house.’ It's still the same values.”


A photo posted by FKA twigs (@fkatwigs) on

No comments:

Post a Comment