Friday, October 9, 2015

Kate Winslet Talks Turning 40

Kate Winslet recently sat down for an interview with Netaporter's The Edit, where she talks about turning 40. The magazine quotes her as follows:

"I feel like the past two years have been different for me, deliberately so. I really wanted to mix it up a bit, and feel that I was going full pelt towards 40 having done as much as I could: pushed myself, challenged myself, exhausted myself, had as much fun as possible. The last two years of my life have put a different sort of rocket fuel up my backside...Anyway, I don’t feel old. I feel excited about being 40.

You can get away with a lot more in your twenties. You can get away with having one too many vodka tonics, and you can wake up in the morning and not have a puffy face. I couldn’t go out now and get rip-roaring drunk; I’d take a week to recover and I value my life too much. Plus, I have children. Confidence comes with age, and looking beautiful comes from the confidence someone has in themselves."

No comments:

Post a Comment