Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Kardashian Korner

Kanye West recently sat down for an interview with SHOWstudio. Here's some of what he had to say:

On referring to himself as a "creative genius":
“Because otherwise I’m called 'celebrity.'...I’m called 'rapper.' And when they use those terms, it’s not in a positive way. ... I have to redefine and let people know exactly who I am...Excuse me, this is going to be a really true, straightforward statement: The majority of things that are popular now are really directly based on something that I’ve done in the past 10 years. You can pinpoint it."

On math:
“I came up with an equation that explains the way visionaries think as opposed to very calculated people. ... If you put two and three in front of me, I'm going to say, 'Well, two plus three is five, two times three is six, two divided by three is this, three divided by two is that,' and I'm going to come up with an average of all those things. ... That is what people marvel at. That is the calculation of the zeitgeist.”

On his legacy in the fashion industry and whether people will remember him:
"Of course. I'm Michelangelo. Of course. There was a time when there were people sculpting better than him. But he made David. So as far as that question goes, is there a time when he can go on the Internet and find a shoe people want more than my shoes? Well, go fuck yourself then if it isn't, and don't ask me stupid shit like that again."


No comments:

Post a Comment