Thursday, October 8, 2015

Rosie O'Donnell's Estranged Adopted Daughter Gives Interview To Daily Mail

Rosie O'Donnell's estranged daughter Chelsea, who recently turned 18 and left Rosie to go live with her biological mother, recently sat down for an interview with the Daily Mail where she talked about what it was like to grow up in the O'Donnell household. The publication quotes her as follows:

"I find her not genuine a lot of the time. When we'd go out, she was a completely different person in public than at home and I had a hard time with that. I feel she should be her real self, who she really is. She has this public persona; she will put this big smile on her face and try to be funny. She would always go up to people and want to hold their babies in public. She had this happy, friendly side to her.

Our dinners were mostly ordering in pizza or Chinese food. Rosie would eat takeout with us and if there were cookies in the house, she would eat them all. She was always coming into our rooms and asking if we had candy. She would drink beer when we were growing up but after her heart attack she couldn't. Now I think she drinks wine...Rosie wears tight Spandex shorts and a T-shirt around house. She doesn't get dressed and never wears makeup unless someone comes to do it for her. 

Rosie's fuse was really short with me and she would yell. For punishment, we were sent to our rooms, no electronics, not being allowed to hang out with friends. Things were good when I was younger but as I got older, I became more interested in knowing about my birth parents and didn't really get along with Rosie very well."

On why she now lives with her biological mother:
"[Rosie] asked me to talk about what was going on and I didn't want to. So she asked for my phone and my computer. This was hours before she told me to leave. Rosie said that I was almost 18, and she got all this crap from work, and she didn't want to have to deal with that at home too. Putting out there that I am mentally ill was really hurtful. People think I'm this crazy person and as I've said, I have depression and bad anxiety — but it's been something that's gotten a lot better. I wouldn't say I'm mentally ill — I would say lots of people struggle with what I have."

No comments:

Post a Comment