Thursday, August 10, 2017

The Return of Jennifer Lawrence

After laying low and staying largely out of the press for the better part of this year, Jennifer Lawrence makes her return on the cover of Vogue's September issue. Here are some highlights from the accompanying interview:

On why she's currently living in a rental:
“When I first moved in [to my home], the house was crystalled out—crystals everywhere, and geodes. And I was like, ‘Please get rid of these; I don’t want people to come over here and think I’m a crystal person.’ Not that there’s anything wrong with that! But everyone told me, ‘You can’t do that. You can’t move them. You have to have the crystal lady who put them in move them. . . . ’ I just had all the crystals yanked out. Sold them. And then my fucking house flooded. I hate crystals.”

On being videotaped pole dancing at a birthday party in Austria earlier this year:
“My biggest fear from that whole thing was that people were going to think that I was trying to be sexy. Also, it looked like I had taken my shirt off. I was in a crop top. I did not take off my shirt. I’m on the phone with my lawyers, and everybody’s like, ‘Is there anything we need to know before it comes out?’ And I’m like, ‘No, it’s all there.’ I’m not going to apologize, I had a BLAST that night.”

On that nude photo hack:
“It’s scary when you feel the whole world judges you. I think people saw [the hacking] for what it was, which was a sex crime, but that feeling, I haven’t been able to get rid of it. Having your privacy violated constantly isn’t a problem if you’re perfect. But if you’re human, it’s terrifying. When my publicist calls me, I’m like, ‘Oh, my God, what is it?’ Even when it’s nothing. I’m always waiting to get blindsided again.”

On how she coped with stress during the arduous filming of her new movie Mother!:
“I hate talking about acting because it’s so hard to talk about it without sounding like a douche. I had to go to a darker place [in Mother!] than I’ve ever been in my life. . . . I didn’t know if I’d be able to come out OK...I ended up getting on oxygen. I have oxygen tubes in my nostrils, and Darren’s like, ‘It was out of focus; we’ve got to do it again.’ And I was just like, ‘Go fuck yourself.’ ... (The crew assembled a “Kardashian tent”—a refuge where she could get away from the work and decompress with her chatty friends from reality TV.) It was a tent that had pictures of the Kardashians and Keeping Up with the Kardashians playing on a loop—and gumballs. My happy place.”

On boyfriend and Mother! director Darren Aronofsky, who she started dating after the movie wrapped:
“We had energy. I had energy for him. I don’t know how he felt about me...When I saw the movie, I was reminded all over again how brilliant he is. For the past year, I’ve been dealing with him as just a human...I’ve been in relationships before where I am just confused. And I’m never confused with him...I normally don’t like Harvard people, because they can’t go two minutes without mentioning that they went to Harvard. He’s not like that...He just finds [my reality television obsession] so vastly disappointing. (laughs)”

Read the full interview at Vogue.



No comments:

Post a Comment