Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Gabrielle Union Talks Not Having it All

Gabrielle Union is on the September cover of Health Magazine. Here's what she had to say in the accompanying interview:

Your character on Being Mary Jane is also funny, complicated, and true.
"What I love is we don’t insist she’s likable. She’s the friend who doesn’t always get it right, but she’s real. Like all of us, she hasn’t figured out how to have it all."

Do you think having it all is even possible?
"I don’t think so. A mother, to have it all, has to somehow also provide a check, also be superfreak Kama Sutra down to the ground, be a size double zero, be super present in the PTA but still putting in extra hours at work. It is impossible. There are literally not enough hours. To me, having it all is not having it all and it being OK."

As women, we put so much guilt on ourselves.
"We put guilt on ourselves because people are judging us. I have figured out how to say no and create comfortable spaces where I have real joy in my work, in my home, in my marriage, with the kids."

What is your philosophy on living well?
"You know, my grandma lived to be 110, and she drank alcohol, like, every day. I don’t drink every day. But if somebody’s like, "Shots!" I’m like, "Yes!" If someone says, "Bacon!" I’m like, "Yes!" She lived. I definitely live."

Gabrielle's Go-To...
Feel-sexy moment: "Out there on the deck, when I have a bikini on, holding a cold beer, and my husband's there. I'm not in hair and makeup. I'm just chilling at home."

End-of-the-day treat: "This might sound weird, but I come home and I sit on the toilet and I don't want to be rushed. I want to play my Words With Friends, scan Twitter, scroll through Instagram."


Belly blaster: "When I come back from vacation, I'll amp up the cardio. Also, there are so many awesome contraptions that can create the illusion that you haven't eaten. Double Spanx, waist trainers—they're super uncomfortable, but man, do they give you a silhouette."

Read the full interview at Health Magazine.



No comments:

Post a Comment