Thursday, May 18, 2017

Travis Barker Gets Sober

Travis Barker appeared on a recent episode of The Doctors, where he opened up about getting sober. Here's what he had to say, as reprinted by Page Six:

“I was doing a lot of drugs recreationally, and I was living a very wild rockstar lifestyle before. [I decided to quit my prescription drugs] when the doctors had said, ‘You’re probably going to be on most of these drugs for the rest of your life because you went through such a horrific experience, and you’re dealing with bipolar disorder. You’ll probably never play drums again, you’ll never run again.' Then the challenge was in my mind just to prove them wrong.

...I literally had a joint in my hand, and [my doctor] was like, ‘Travis, this is your warning shot! Stop smoking right now.' And I was like, ‘Like right now?’ ‘Yes, right now!’ And coffee was a big trigger for all the acid [in my esophagus]. I never even knew I had [Barrett’s esophagus (a condition in which tissue in the esophagus changes to tissue resembling that of the intestines. The condition can eventually lead to esophageal adenocarcinoma, a potentially fatal cancer)].”

On his current hobbies:
“I like running a lot. I like running, I like boxing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment