Thursday, May 18, 2017

Kim Cattrall Moves Behind the Camera

In a recent interview with the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire, Kim Cattrall, 60, opened up about becoming a producer. Here's what she had to say, as reprinted by Page Six:

“I’m not ready to play someone who is grotesque. Either from being thought of as a very, very older woman, at 60-61 this year, which I’m not, and I don’t feel that way. That’s why I don’t depend on Hollywood for jobs anymore. That’s why I became an executive producer.”

On not feeling pressure to maintain a youthful appearance:
“If I want to look a certain way then that’s for my satisfaction. I don’t do it because of my work, I do it because that makes me feel good.”

On encountering ageism over the years:
“It starts in a little bit of a whisper. ’Can she come in and have a meeting? We just want to see what she looks like. We want to see her skin, where she’s at.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment