Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Tom Ford Talks Penetration

Designer and Filmmaker Tom Ford recently sat down for an interview with GQ. Here are some of the highlights:

On his opinion that all men should be penetrated at some point:
“I think it would help them understand women. It’s such a vulnerable position to be in, and it’s such a passive position to be in. And there’s such an invasion, in a way, that even if it’s consensual, it’s just very personal. And I think there’s a psyche that happens because of it that makes you understand and appreciate what women go through their whole life, because it’s not just sexual, it’s a complete setup of the way the world works, that one sex has the ability to literally—and is expected to and is wanted to—but also there’s an invasion. And I think that that’s something most men do not understand at all.”

On his preoccupation with death:
 “I look at a puppy and I think, ‘Oh my God, that puppy’s so beautiful. Oh, it’s just going to be old and die.’ And that makes that puppy even more beautiful. I like flowers. They’re beautiful. I think, ‘Well, they’re going to be dead in three or four days, but my God, aren’t they beautiful now?’  Everything’s so transient. Everything dies...I look at my son (Jack) and he’s so happy and joyful and I say [to my husband Richard Buckley], ‘Richard, it’s because he hasn’t learned the secret yet. And the secret is that he’s going to die.’ Jack doesn’t yet feel the pain that humans, all of us, feel and will feel.” 

On New York:
“I find New York too frenetic. I mean, I have to take Valium when I’m in New York, and the energy doesn’t seem focused at anything because everything’s so difficult. You get back at the end of the day and you feel like this. And you think, ‘Oh God, I did this and I did that, but what did I really do? I went downtown. That was exhausting.’ ”

On Los Angeles:
 “I live in the Hollywood of the 1930s. I don’t actually live in the Hollywood of 2016. Here is the city of Los Angeles, and above them is an oil slick. The oil slick are the interesting, smart, intelligent people who are stylish, who you could have a conversation with, who’d want to be friends. Then, you have morons.”

On his public perception:
“People see billboards with my face on it, [then] they come to meet me and I feel like they’re expecting the real-life Kate Moss to be lying across the table naked and somebody would be doing lines of coke and whoo! Just going everywhere and everything just so wow.”

Read the full interview at GQ.


No comments:

Post a Comment