Friday, December 9, 2016

Sebastian Bach's Rules For Calling Yourself a Rock Star

Sebastian Bach recently wrote his autobiography, 18 and Life on Skid Row, and he gets hella pissed when some people refer to themselves as rockstars. From his book: “The term ‘rock star’ has changed so very much from when I was a teenager. Now, guys with computer programs, hedge fund managers, athletes, and even presidents are called rock stars ... Well, it bugs me when a fucking dentist gets called a rock star. It bugs me when Kris Jenner calls Kim Kardashian a rock star. And it bugs me even more when Kanye West calls himself a rock star.”

He further clarified his feeling to The Huffington Post:
 “If a real rock star calls himself a rock star, he’s a dick. Other people say, ‘Well, people in bands who call themselves rock stars are just assholes.’ I’m like, what the fuck?”

And on being labeled a "bad boy":
“That label has always been put on me as a marketing thing. I didn’t realize that I was a bad boy of rock. [Laughs] I thought, well I guess I better live up to this somehow, because that’s like my job description, I suppose. You can have some fun along the way, but it’s a fine line between having fun and getting your nose broke by The Hells Angels.”

No comments:

Post a Comment