Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Naomi Judd Opens Up About Depression

Naomi Judd recently appeared on Good Morning America, where she opened up about her battle with depression. Here's what she had to say, as reprinted by Page Six:

“What I’ve been through is extreme. My final diagnosis was severe depression. [Fans] see me in rhinestones, you know, with glitter in my hair, that really is who I am. But then I would come home and not leave the house for three weeks, and not get out of my pajamas, and not practice normal hygiene. It was really bad.

On her estrangement from daughter Wynona:
“I love her, but sometimes we just need a break from one another … We’re still a little estranged from one another, but that happens with mothers-daughters.” she said.

On why she wrote her new book “River of Time: My Descent into Depression and How I Emerged with Hope”:

“If I live through this, I want someone to be able to see that they can survive because there are 40 million of us out there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment