Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Lady Gaga Opens Up About PTSD

Lady Gaga recently appeared on the Today Show, where she opened up about her struggles with PTSD while talking about her visit to a Harlem shelter for homeless LGBT teens as part of the #ShareKindness campaign. Here's what she had to say, as reprinted by Page Six:

“I’ve been searching for ways to help myself. And I found kindness is the best way. I told the kids today, ‘I suffer from PTSD.’ I’ve never told anyone that before. So here we are. But the kindness that’s shown to me by doctors as well as my family, and my friends, it’s really saved my life.

Meditation helps me to calm down. I don’t have the same kind of issues that you have, but I have a mental illness and I struggle with that every day, so I need my mantra to help keep me relaxed...I love to give things to people that have nothing or less than me. These children are not just homeless or in need. Many of them are trauma survivors; they’ve been rejected in some kind of way. My own trauma in my life has helped me to understand the trauma of others.”

No comments:

Post a Comment