Monday, November 14, 2016

Robert Redford is Retiring

Page Six reports that Robert Redford is retiring from acting. Redford had this to say in a recent interview:

When asked if he ever thinks about retiring and returning to painting:
“Yeah, a lot — and a lot lately because I’m getting tired of acting. I’m an impatient person, so it’s hard for me to sit around and do take after take after take...Once [the two acting projects that are already in the works are] done then I’m going to say, ‘OK, that’s goodbye to all that,’ and then just focus on directing.”

On starting out as an artist in his late teens:
“I wanted to get out of this country and experience different ways of seeing the world. So I went to Europe, but I went as an artist. I was increasing my skill set and exploring storytelling through painting. Doing that, I realized how much I loved it. Later, when I became an actor, I suffered for four or five years not being sure I wanted to be in that business because I so wanted to be an artist. I just wanted to paint and sketch and tell stories by drawing."


No comments:

Post a Comment