Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Gigi Hadid Talks Social Media

Gigi Hadid is on the cover of December's Allure Magazine. Here are some of the highlights from her interview:

On social media:
"I wish I had a strategy to [social media]. I could write a book and make millions. But I never feel like I'm working when I'm doing social media. I guess I succeeded at it because it came naturally...I always want to prove myself and to let people know I'm a good person. A lot of people don't realize they're typing this stuff, and that's a lot of negative energy—regardless of whether we see it or not. People just don't realize the power of their judgment."

On always knowing that she wanted to model:
"I don't know why, but I just knew. I knew I wanted to make pictures better. I was obsessed with photographers and where models were supposed to fit in. Obviously, I'm not taking iconic pictures as a six-year-old, but I studied models as part of an image, not just as a model, if that makes sense. I first got inspiration for energy in a photo looking at those Tommy Hilfiger family-picture ads, where there were so many people and it looked like so much fun."

On her work ethic:

"I guess I saw what a lot of people don't see in models, which is that it's hard work, and you're not just another object in the photo. I don't know if I got it from riding or school or volleyball or my mom or all of them. But I've always been the person to self-alarm at 4 a.m. to finish a school project."

On balancing fame and freedom:
"I have security at the right times, but I also like to walk down the street by myself. I'm a Taurus; I'm hardheaded."

Read the full interview at Allure.

No comments:

Post a Comment