Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Renee Zellweger Talks Taking a Break from the Public Eye

Renée Zellweger recently sat down for an interview with British Vogue, where she opened up about taking a break from the public eye for the past few years. Here's what she had to say:


"I found anonymity, so I could have exchanges with people on a human level and be seen and heard, not be defined by this image that precedes me when I walk into a room. You cannot be a good storyteller if you don't have life experiences, and you can't relate to people...As a creative person, saying no to that wonderful once-in-a-lifetime project is hard. But I was fatigued and wasn't taking the time I needed to recover between projects, and it caught up with me. I got sick of the sound of my own voice: it was time to go away and grow up a bit."

On revisiting the role of Bridget Jones:
"I put on a few pounds. I also put on some breasts and a baby bump. Bridget is a perfectly normal weight and I've never understood why it matters so much. No male actor would get such scrutiny if he did the same thing for a role."


No comments:

Post a Comment